Eric Warburton, D.M.D., M.D.
Dr. Eric Warburton was raised in Salt Lake City, Utah. He received his bachelor’s degree in biology from the University of Utah. He obtained his dental degree from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas where he graduated summa cum laude. He earned his medical degree from the University of North Carolina School of Medicine. Dr. Warburton completed his internship in general surgery and residency in oral and maxillofacial surgery at University of North Carolina Hospitals. After completion of his residency, Dr. Warburton worked in east Tennessee before coming to practice in western North Carolina.
Dr. Warburton is certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. He is a member of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American College of Surgeons, and multiple local medical and dental societies. He is on staff at Mission Hospital.
Areas of specialty include:
- Management of wisdom teeth.
- Dental implant surgery
- Dental extractions and other oral surgical procedures
- Facial reconstruction after injury or disease
- Corrective jaw surgery
- Surgery for obstructive sleep apnea
- Cysts and tumors of the jaws
- Temporomandibular joint disorders
- Treatment of diseases affecting the face, mouth and jaws
Dr. Warburton and his wife Emily have two sons and a daughter. Eric enjoys hiking, biking, painting, photography, and exploring the Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains.